Sunday, November 2, 2008

Week 10: A List

The last couple of weeks have been pretty busy, therefore I'm going to make things easier by briefly listing what I've been up to:
  • didn't go to DrupalCamp in Chicago (too much other work to do that weekend);
  • scheduled a pre-training Drupal basics class in the Information Arcade for Nov. 20;
  • found some potential volunteers (grad students in the Engineering dept.) to teach the class with Cliff;
  • spoke more with Chicago Technology Cooperative about having them come to Iowa City to conduct the 2-day training in early-mid December (still working on the logistics);
  • also discussed having one of the CTC people come to the WiderNet office to consult on the CIP project, tentatively scheduled for Nov. 10 or 11 but yet to be finalized;
  • posted an ad on www.rentacoder.com for someone to develop the CIP site-builder interface, also sent CTC specifications for the interface and got a REALLY high price quote (I'll be talking with Cliff and them about it more next week);
  • was contacted by someone with an organization similar to CTC called Net2Community, who is working on a somewhat similar project, and scheduled a call with him for next week to discuss potential collaboration;
  • started a new people directory template in Drupal;
  • did a fresh Drupal installation so the database can be copied and used for future templates;
  • worked on installing and using some new modules.
Next week I'll be meeting with Tom Burns and Cliff to hopefully finalize the 2-day training. There is still much to be done before the end of the semester, and I'm getting a little worried about having a CIP prototype ready to show Intel in December or January. I'm at the point in the project right now where I have no idea how everything is going to get pulled together, and I feel like there's only so much I can do by myself. I'm hoping that everything will magically fall into place during the next month and a half, in the meantime I'll just keep plugging away...